Monday, July 18, 2011

Photos 12+ months after frontalis sling surgery































Months & now years post-surgery, when our son is looking straight forward (primary gaze) his ptosis eye is almost symmetrical to his "good" eye. However, if he is looking up or down, then his ptosis lid is measurably low or high, thus, different from the good eye. The doctor told us this would be the case going into surgery. When he is really tired, the ptosis eye will severely droop or close altogether, simply because he is not making the effort to lift it. The doctor feels that as he gets older, he will be more cognizant of how his eye looks so he will likely make a more conscientious effort to lift his lid and make it more symmetrical to the other eye. I am attaching pictures of his lid in different positions so you can see what I am trying to describe.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is Jessica, I have had multiple surgeries for my ptosis. a few years back my doctor recommended the frontalis sling but I am still too nervous to get the surgery.... fear of the unknown I guess. Can you tell me, is he able to blink and close his eye and when he sleeps does it remain open. Just curious because these are a few of my fears for myself. thank you for your time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I am just seeing this question. I don't check the blog often. With all three of his surgeries, he has been able to blink. And his eye does close when he sleeps. Hope that makes you feel better. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me an email: connermail@yahoo.com

      Delete